TM Refugee - Late to the Party.

• Howdy, boys (and girls). I somehow just discovered this today. I see lots of friendly avatars from 7+ years of TM-ing, including Vulgano Brother, who is neither Vulgano, nor my brother, but we can still love him for who he is and the work he does. I see TobyLou notified pretty much everyone else but me 6 months ago. No hard feelings though, Toby. You should see Guido sometime after 11:00 this evening.

Dang, this feels like coming home.

A few quick questions: How can I improve my range in 3 easy steps, but only practicing 5 minutes a day? Is double high C the one below the staff? Miles Davis or Freddie Hubbard? Is there balm in Gilead? Where does Rowuk hide his secret collection of P.E.T.E.s? Here's a video of me playing a song I've never practiced before, can you please critique? Is Kenny G still considered the best jazz artist of all time? Oh, and where's the Argument Clinic?

Controversial opinion of the day: Game of Thrones is dumb - change my mind.

Put away your pitchforks; that was a joke.

Alright, I'm here. Let the loud screaming sword fight begin!

• @neal085 said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:
    .... including Vulgano Brother, who is neither Vulgano, nor my brother, but we can still love him for who he is...

Um.... Have you ever met the dude? I have! You still sure about that?😈

• Another fatted calf on the BBQ as another prodigal son returns. Welcome back ! ☺

• Global Moderator

Did you find it on Facebook?

• @neal085 Good to have you with us again!

Howdy, boys (and girls). I somehow just discovered this today. I see lots of friendly avatars from 7+ years of TM-ing, including Vulgano Brother, who is neither Vulgano, nor my brother, but we can still love him for who he is and the work he does. I see TobyLou notified pretty much everyone else but me 6 months ago. No hard feelings though, Toby. You should see Guido sometime after 11:00 this evening.

Dang, this feels like coming home.

A few quick questions: How can I improve my range in 3 easy steps, but only practicing 5 minutes a day? Is double high C the one below the staff? Miles Davis or Freddie Hubbard? Is there balm in Gilead? Where does Rowuk hide his secret collection of P.E.T.E.s? Here's a video of me playing a song I've never practiced before, can you please critique? Is Kenny G still considered the best jazz artist of all time? Oh, and where's the Argument Clinic?

Controversial opinion of the day: Game of Thrones is dumb - change my mind.

Put away your pitchforks; that was a joke.

Alright, I'm here. Let the loud screaming sword fight begin!

NO NO NO!!!!!! I informed EVERYONE, especially you!! I'm ready for Guido, tell him not to bring a knife! πŸ˜‡ πŸ˜‡ πŸ˜‡ πŸ˜‡ πŸ˜‡

• Who broke Rule #1 ?

Now we gotta ditch the site and start all over again in hiding.

• Global Moderator

@Pinstriper said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:

Who broke Rule #1 ?

What's rule 1? I allow account name changes.

• @administrator said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:

Who broke Rule #1 ?

Don't worry. Let's build a wall and have the offenders pay for it.

• @administrator No, I had been searching off and on the last few months for other trumpet-related forums, and couldn't quite bring myself to join TH just because.....I couldn't. Yesterday a Reddit post randomly showed up that said TB is the new TM.

• @administrator said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:

Who broke Rule #1 ?

It was a joke about keeping Neal in the dark.

• @Pinstriper A joke? Oh... uh, let me make a phone call. If Guido shows, tell him we are now Code Blue, I repeat Code Blue.

A few quick answers ... πŸ˜‰
    Prayer.
    No.
    Chet.
    Who cares.
    It's a secret.
    Again, "prayer".
    No.
    On Facebook.

Mike

Is Kenny G still considered the best jazz artist of all time?

I agree with tmd's answer (no) but I do know Kenny G holds the Guinness Book of Records for holding the longest note, I believe for 59 minutes.

AND word on the street is Kenny G is making a tribute album to Monk calling it:
    Straight, No Changes.

As for me, my request for Kenny G would be to play "Long Ago and Far Away"

OK: Discuss

Is double high C the one below the staff?

I will disagree with tmd in the answer to this one.
    No, it is One Part Double High-C; below Two Parts Gin.
    Cheers!

@administrator No, I had been searching off and on the last few months for other trumpet-related forums, and couldn't quite bring myself to join TH just because.....I couldn't. Yesterday a Reddit post randomly showed up that said TB is the new TM.

Video of Neal085, the TM Refugee, taking advantage of the TB β€œWet Foot, Dry Foot Policy” joining TB as TH circled:

• @Dr-GO said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:

@neal085 said in TM Refugee - Late to the Party.:
    Is Kenny G still considered the best jazz artist of all time?

I agree with tmd's answer (no) but I do know Kenny G holds the Guinness Book of Records for holding the longest note, I believe for 59 minutes.

AND word on the street is Kenny G is making a tribute album to Monk calling it:
    Straight, No Changes.

As for me, my request for Kenny G would be to play "Long Ago and Far Away"

OK: Discuss

• Global Moderator

Thanks for joining. Trying to get the site popular, I created a Facebook ad. If you see it, let me know!

• Hi Dr-GO
    It's hard to deny that Kenny G is popular among some crowds. Unfortunately, I'm not in that crowd. I'll share an interesting story;
    I was on Youtube looking at versions of Giant Steps and saw that Kenny G did a version of Giant Steps at a concert. I figured that this might change my opinion of him a little. Unfortunately, it did not. The bastard played a single note and used circle breathing to make it last for two minutes. Sad, very sad.
    Kenny G doing that particular song well could have changed my opinion of him. As for me as I'm sure it's the same with you, if I can hear it, I can have it if I'm willing to do the work.
    I've learned riffs (stolen!) from people like Coltrane, Rollins, Phil Woods, Pete Chrisleib, Mike Brecker, to name a few. However, I can't recall ever chasing down a Kenny G lick.