A little humour
Newell Post last edited by Newell Post
@bigdub Yogi only said about 5% of the things he supposedly said. The other 95% were made up by his childhood buddy, neighbor, and teammate Joe Garagiola who attributed them to Yogi. Both of them were still alive when I lived in St. Louis and they would occasionally make local appearances together.
Yogi would start out (haltingly): "Well,..... youse knows what..... I always sez. When youse comes.... to the fork in the road..... take it!"
Then Joe would jump in and say: "Yeah, well let me tell you about the other 500 things Yogi said. Blah, blah, blah. Yak, yak, yak...." And Joe would continue for about 15 minutes with more Yogi-isms.
BigDub last edited by
Maybe so, but these are from his own book. Just saying.
SSmith1226 last edited by
GRANDMA, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE MONEY YOU GOT FROM SELLING GRANDPA’S TRUMPET COLLECTION?
J. Jericho last edited by
@ssmith1226 To answer the question... two large Tupperware containers, as you can see in the background.
Dr GO last edited by
A Scottish husband and wife had an aerobatics pilot friend who never took any passengers with him because he absolutely hated talk during flight.
One day, it was the wife's birthday, and the husband persuaded the pilot to take them on a flight as a birthday present. Grudgingly, the pilot consented, and said, "You can have the flight for free if neither of you make a sound. But if you start talking, I'll charge you 500 pounds for the flight." - "Och aye, we'll be silent."
They take off, and the pilot did his best to impress his passengers. Loopings, barrel rolls - he performed his whole programme. In total silence. After landing, the pilot casually remarked, "That was grand, wasn't it? And you kept your silence. Were you never tempted to say something?" - "Och aye, only once." - "When?" - "When Maggie fell out!"