Curry Mouthpieces

• Is anyone here a Curry mouthpiece fan? I currently have 4 that I use, and sold 3 in the past that I didn’t care for. Left to right - 3B., 3C., 3M., and 3BBC.

33B4C006-6C5A-474E-A89F-43D9608D01C5.jpeg

E8242590-7628-4A84-AA03-A3C3FE91304E.jpeg

• I have a 3DC. for my cornet. It's nice, but I like my Benge 3 better.

I have a 3TC. for my Olds Special trumpet. It's a little deeper and more V-shaped than a Bach 3C, enabling me to approximate the timbre and playing characteristics of my Olds Studio trumpet.

I bought a 3M., but it didn't play as well as my Bach 3C for me, so I returned it.

One minor thing about them that I don't like is the shape. It's all taper with nothing much to hold onto when handling them, making doing so slightly awkward.

• @J-Jericho
    In the past, I had both a 3DC. and a 3TC. for cornet and didn’t like either one - the DC was too bright and I had squirrley intonation with the TC. I also had a 3Z. trumpet piece for a while and it was just too shallow and bright.

The shape doesn’t bother me (I appreciate the small amount of extra mass), but I wish the size markings were a little larger. When you have 2 or 3 of them in the case and the lighting isn’t good, it’s hard to tell which is which without playing them. As for his cornet pieces, the 3BBC. Is really nice and mellow, but for cornet playing in a concert band setting, I like my old Bach 3 better. Maybe it’s similar to your Benge 3.

• @Dale-Proctor I haven't gotten my hands on a Bach 3 to measure for comparison, but I, like you, suspect that the difference between it and the Benge could be the spelling.

• @Dale-Proctor Yes, use a 5C and a 5Z.

• I cannot figure out their specs. I am used to the Bach nomenclature such as 3C, 5C, 7C, etc. When I tried to contact them, I got no response.

• Just one, I have a 3TF I used on mellophone for a while, it was a great match for that horn!

• @thirkieldh said in Curry Mouthpieces:

I cannot figure out their specs. I am used to the Bach nomenclature such as 3C, 5C, 7C, etc. When I tried to contact them, I got no response.

The ones I have are from his Standard Series, which use the Bach sizing numbers. Read over this...

29644C7C-DD1A-48A7-9FF5-2E2F414F8469.jpeg
    CF0C7446-3A62-4361-9929-2B28899A0280.jpeg