Yamaha Miyashiro For Sale $2000 + Shipping And Insurance

• This Yamaha Miyashiro (Bb) in raw yellow brass, is in excellent condition and features a brand new OE Yamaha lead pipe that was installed by Yamaha Technicians at their repair facility. I've owned the horn for 2 years, and bought it from the original owner who bought it and a silver plated horn at the same time. That owner kept the silver horn and I bought this horn from him.

The horn has limited hours of playing on it, has been treated exceptionally carefully and is almost perfect. There is a tiny ping on the bell that's so hard to see you have to look for it. I can't even get a picture of it.

The original lead pipe got red rot in it and Yamaha replaced it under warranty. At that time I asked if they would be willing to strip the lacquer, which they did. You can either polish it or let it continue to gain patina. The last photo is of it upon return from Yamaha, and the rest are of it in its current appearance. It comes with the Miyahshiro case (virutally unused and in perfect condition) and Eric's mouthpiece.

This is an outstanding horn in just about every aspect. It's efficient, resonant, and I can get decent dark, round, notes out of it with the right approach, and yet it can be made shimmery and bright in the upper register with a different approach and mouthpiece.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or send additional photos.

$2000 +shipping and insurance anywhere in the CONUS.

-tj

IMG_5273.jpg IMG_5272.jpg IMG_5271.jpg IMG_5270.jpg IMG_5269.jpg IMG_5268.jpg IMG_5267.jpg IMG_5266.jpg IMG_5265.jpg IMG_5264.jpg IMG_5263.jpg IMG_5262.jpg IMG_5261.jpg IMG_5260.jpg IMG_5259.jpg IMG_5129.jpg

• @tjveloce said in Yamaha Miyashiro For Sale $2000 + Shipping And Insurance:
    $2000 +shipping and insurance anywhere in the COTUS.

I think you mean CONUS. COTUS is a little too close to, well, you know . . .
    😄

I am strictly a tire kicker, so if you don't respond, no problem. But . . is that a single case? I don't believe I can find such a case.

• @Kehaulani

Hey brother,

Thanks for your editorial assistance!

It's a case that Eric wanted for his horn, and only available with his horn. I don't even know if Yamaha will sell them separately. You're supposed to be able to carry a flugelhorn and trumpet in it. I tried it once and didn't dig. I never used it because I have a Cronkite triple trumpet that I carry my flugel and trumpet in.

-tj

• @tjveloce said in Yamaha Miyashiro For Sale $2000 + Shipping And Insurance:

@Kehaulani

Hey brother,

Thanks for your editorial assistance!

It's a case that Eric wanted for his horn, and only available with his horn. I don't even know if Yamaha will sell them separately. You're supposed to be able to carry a flugelhorn and trumpet in it. I tried it once and didn't dig. I never used it because I have a Cronkite triple trumpet that I carry my flugel and trumpet in.

-tj

Yeah, I used a Gard flugelhorn and trumpet gig bag. Wouldn't want to fly with it but for local gigs it worked just fine.
    Thanks for the info.

• Trusted Seller

@tjveloce I'd be interested in doing a partial trade for an A4 ;). If you are also interested please email us at info@austincustombrass.com.

Cheers,
    T